Compact and foldable, the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 treadmill is the perfect affordable solution for those who simply want a no-frills treadmill at home because they hate visiting the nearest fitness center on a daily basis.
Make no mistake, this is a barebones treadmill that doesn’t pack a whole lot of goodies but, what it does best is give you a thorough workout. Be it weight loss, HIT workouts or a simple “run-through-the-woods” replacement routine – the G 5.9 weslo treadmill is a great home choice.
I recommend this treadmill for anyone who prefers running outdoors but occasionally moves to a treadmill. With 10mph as its highest speed setting, avid runners may not find the Weslo g 5.9 to their liking but almost everyone else will. By the way, 10mph is a decent speed limit considering the tiny frame of this treadmill and its 275lbs weight limitation.
As for the features, it packs in a heart rate thumb sensor on the console plus six different workout programs including my favorite – manual profile. And, yes, it is electric meaning the deck moves on its own maintaining the speed you set.
My Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill Review
- Assembly - 9/109/10
- Features - 7/107/10
- Ease of Use - 9/109/10
- Build Quality - 8/108/10
- Portable - 9/109/10
Reasons To Buy
Quick assembly, easy to use & affordable home treadmill.
At first glance, without any unpacking the Weslo Cadence g 5.9 treadmill does appear rather tiny. Even after assembling the entire unit, it takes up almost half the space of a fitness center grade treadmill but, don’t get fooled by its petite exterior.
The client I got this treadmill for happened to measure about 6’2” and nearly 255lbs, by no means a hunchback and his shoe size is a perfect 12! He had no issues jogging, walking or even running at 10mph on this treadmill.
The deck seems rather sturdy and even though it is cushioned, you don’t get that flappy feeling from the deck. Speaking of the deck, this one offers manual inclination change and it is as simple as elevating or lowering the backend of the deck. A pain yes, but for the price you pay, you really can’t complain.
The six profiles on this treadmill are all different from each other. It offers you a manual option where you control the pace of the treadmill and that’s about it. As for the preset options, the one for weight loss is what I particularly love.
It gradually builds up the pace maintaining each setting for 1/10th of the time you select your workout for and then towards the last few minutes, slowly reduces the pace so you can cool down.
Something that caught my attention was the minus button for reducing speed. It works even in preset profiles but unlike many other brands and models, hitting the button does not cancel the profile you are using. It only reduces the speed for 60 seconds and then goes back to the original profile you began your workout with.
A really nice way to relax and cool down if in case your chosen profile is a tad too difficult for you. This treadmill does not take for granted that you have given up. The only way to exit a chosen profile completely is to use the stop button. I like this in a home treadmill as it lets you gradually increase your workout difficulty level without feeling overwhelmed.
As for the maintenance, Weslo packs in a single year support and warranty but allows multiple year extensions. The three-year extension costs less than hundred bucks, which is something I advise taking from the start.
This treadmill doesn’t need much for maintaining the deck elasticity. Just remember to keep the accompanying pair of hex keys handy. A half twist to the left or right in the back is all you need to set the correct deck tension. DO NOT LOSE THOSE KEYS!
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill Gallery
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Pros & Cons
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Best Features
- Easy To Assemble – The instruction manual is detailed and it already comes with the Hex keys necessary for assembly. No need to pay extra for assembly from Amazon, if you have a few minutes, you can assemble this on your own without any assistance.
- Independent Speed Controls – The minus button to reduce pace works differently than on other brands and models. Instead of cancelling the workout profile entirely, it only reduces the speed for 60 seconds and then continues from where you left off.
- Multiple Workout Profiles – Yes, the biggest advantage of the Weslo Cadence g 5.9 treadmill is its 6 profile option. I am least bothered with four of them but to me the manual and weight loss options are its best profiles. Especially when you take the independent minus button into account.
- Heart Rate Monitor – At this price you get a built-in heart rate monitor. It works using a thumb sensor on which you press your thumb for couple of seconds. While not accurate, it is decent enough to give you a quick reading for maintaining your MHR.
- Reduced Footprint – It is compact and foldable. Apartment dwellers, those with tiny work areas need not worry. It folds away quick too so you can easily store it near a wall without losing much space.
- Easy Maintenance – The manual tells you precisely how to slow, re-center and tighten the deck and belt. The two hex keys are all you need for your regular maintenance.
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Conclusion
Need a treadmill for daily workouts that isn’t expensive but reliable? The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 treadmill won’t burn a hole in your pocket but will give you a complete workout. Be it cardio, weight loss of general fitness, this treadmill is designed for the masses.
Just remember that it is compact and foldable so won’t be massive like those you find in a gym. Also, it needs slight assembly at first. If you can live with these, then go get the G 5.9 right now while prices are low.