I can completely understand the allure of an expensive gym grade treadmill. After all, we all love purchasing the best product – be it an iPhone or a treadmill. The trick is to understand what you requirements are and base your purchase around these requirements.
Yes, a thousand dollar treadmill does come with many advanced features but, ask yourself if you really need all those extras. The true difference lies in construction quality and intended purpose. Commercial grade equipment is designed to last much longer but for you at home, you need something that lasts long enough.
Top Home Use Treadmills
Like I always say, never use a treadmill for more than 30 minutes. Taking this into consideration, if we calculate the total run time of your treadmill per year, it comes to around 182 hours total. That is the same amount of usage a commercial treadmill gets in a single week! Basically, commercial grade treadmills are designed to handle nonstop usage for prolonged periods without wear and tear. That is why they cost so much. Additional features are just a gimmick that changes with the brand.
My suggestion, everyone should opt for home use treadmills instead!
|Model Name||Portable||My Rating||Review Link|
|Sunny Health & Fitness Sf T7603||YES||9.0|
|Sunny Fitness & Health SF-T4400||YES||8.8|
|Weslo Cadence G 5.9||YES||8.4|
|Weslo Cadence G 5.2||YES||8.2|
|Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric||YES||7.6|
|HBS Portable Folding Motorized||YES||7.4|
Here are some advantages to a home treadmill.
- Home treadmills are way lighter than commercial treadmills. Naturally they are easier to move and store.
- Designed for single person or family usage, these treadmills come with self-diagnostic and oiling alerts.
- Just the bare essential set of features that a home user will ever use. No fancy stuff involved.
- Easy to assemble and maintain in the long run. It isn’t how well a treadmill performs on the first day of the job but what matters is whether it survives storage better.
My top pick among home treadmills and foldable treadmills, the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill isn’t your top-of-the-line fitness center kind treadmill but more of a cozy and welcoming workout machine. This treadmill offers the barebones basics without being too complicated.Read Reviews on Amazon.com
Read My Review..
Naturally, there are several choices in terms of brand and models. I have compiled a huge list of home treadmill reviews. Some pack a lot of additional features, others are cheap and affordable. But, all on my list are perfect for home users.
In my opinion, there are only a handful of features and specifications necessary on a home treadmill.
- Every home treadmill should have at least five user profiles. Among these user profiles the treadmill should offer a weight loss program and a HIIT program.
- There should be easy access buttons to start, stop and quickly increase or decrease speed on the handles.
- The running deck should be sufficiently wide enough for an average individual. By average I mean someone weighing less than 230 pounds and measuring less than 6’2” in height.
- The treadmill should have at least six months of basic warranty against manufacturing defects that show up later in the life of a treadmill.
- The cost of the treadmill should not be more than $800 as anything above that is pure luxury and mostly designed for commercial use.
Rated 8.8 out of 10 (See Best Price)
Sunny Health & Fitness knows how to make affordable home treadmills.. This 2.2 Peak horse power treadmill costs significantly less than the previous iteration and yet seems to pack the same feature set. Soft drop is what I was after and I found it in this model too. Besides, it has the required functionality and design cues to warrant my recommendation.
Rated 8.2 out of 10 (See Best Price)
Ample power, good set of speed and profile options, a larger than usual deck on a home treadmill – the Weslo Cadence R 5.2 treadmill is what you should get if you have a tight budget but want a near commercial quality machine. There are a few niggles with this particular model from Weslo but nothing that can’t be dealt with a little ingenious DIY.